Monday, May 18, 2009

5 weeks postop tomorrow~

I spent two back-to-back, insomnia-laden nights reading a book I picked up I thought might help me cheer up...Always Looking up-the adventures of and incurable Optimist, by Michael J. Fox.
Turns out it's not so much a self-help book on how to obtain optimism in your life as it is simply a book about Mr. Foxs' Hollywood and political exploits, and his experience with Parkinsons and personal opinion on embryonic stem cell research.
I'll be donating it to our local library, it's not a keeper for me.
Guess I'll keep looking for that how-to manual on changing ones pessimistic nature into a sunny upbeat outlook:)

This morning I am sore, but its been since yesterday afternoon that I took any pain meds (Advil). Pretty good for taking a tumble over the weekend.

Still sleeping in the recliner, though I've tried sleeping for little bits here and there laying flat on the couch or in bed, and for a little while it's ok.
As long as I don't move that certain way that makes that wierd feeling in my chest where my rib used to be...that pinching feeling that freaks me out and reminds me they actually took a rib bone out of me and gets me to thinking about the gory details of it all.

I watched the tv show about Farrah Fawcett and her battle with cancer over the weekend too. Shes fought so hard to live.
Gives me a different perspective on my puny troubles.
I have my aches and pains, but I do have my life to look forward to.
I need to start living it.
Tonight I'll try sleeping in bed again...with my hubs.
Miss that terribly.

What else?
I am going to drive today.
Two whole miles to a book discussion at the library in town tonight.
It'll be a first in 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'm stiff, sore, arm still isn't right.
but I gotta plug away doing what I can do, stop focusing on what I can't.
Trust me, when the pain rears its ugly head, what I can't do becomes the only thing I see, brain shuts down.

I havent been doing docs exersizes like I should.
Just the arm walks up the wall.
Today I'll try doing the others.

All-in-all I'm not feeling too bad this morning.
We'll see whats up after the day is over.
I tend to over do it and have regrets.

No comments: