Thursday, January 5, 2012

And we're off!

Happy New Year to my fellow TOSers out there.
I hope it will be one of minimal discomfort for us all.

So far in this new year, that has not been the case for me.
Since my right rib resection a few years ago, I do have many days of little to no pain.
But there is always this dark dreadful little cloud that follows me around.
That question- Will today be the day I move the wrong way or over do it?
Will I flare up and be sent into the familiar cycle of inflamation, pain, spasms, aching??



Indeed I am dealing with a big flareup right now.
Quite frustrating on top of all the things I try to juggle hoping to feel better for longer stretches at a time.
My microwave rice packs have been my friend the last several days.
Lots of water, push myself to keep moving-even though I am twisted and bent from the muscles locked in spasm.

My left arm throbs.

That's what started this whole crishendo of muscles and nerves misfiring.
I was half awake early on the last morning of 2011, and I began to stretch, and twisted my neck in just the wrong way...which is easy to do with hunking cervical ribs in the way...and shoot if I didn't know immediately I was in for it.
Sigh.
So it's been ibuprophen, eating light, lots of tea and music to lighten my mood.
Hot shower, trying taking some Omega 3's for inflamation, went on a little ride in the car-with someone else driving.
Back home to lay flat.
Resisting muscle relaxers and heavier pain meds if I possibly can this time around.
I hurt-but the meds tear my insides up.
It is really work to not get sucked into the pitts when youre in pain.

Just another day on my journey...with TOS.