Tuesday, February 4, 2014

TOS Diet Days 3 and 4

I am sharing this image of The Spoon Theory with you all today to help explain why I have changed my mind about one aspect of My TOS Diet plan.
You see, if you have TOS or chronic pain, you know you only have so much energy, can deal with only so much before your pain flares up and you're just done, d.o.n.e.

Well I thought stopping coffee would be a good thing to try for this diet. I've done it before. Except, when I am in a state of pain, say about level 5 or higher, my brain wiring short-circuits. I do not think straight when the pain volume gets at that level. I get stuck in a pain-loop. It's kinda scary, and I don't like feeling out of control like that.


Well, stopping coffee has been unpleasant, the usual headaches, tiredness. But, as I've previously mentioned, my bowels depend on coffee for the little nudge, so without it--even with green tea, I've been having, ahem, "a difficult time", which just uses up too many of  my spoons for the day. So, with that said, I've decided to keep the one cup of strong coffee and continue to eat only anti-inflammatory foods, herbs. I hope you're not too disappointed in me.

I'm still doing daily smoothies, which I'm finding spike my blood sugar if I make them too sweet. Need some protein to balance it or I get jittery. Also, I need to prep more and have anti-inflam snacks ready for when the munchies strike, usually in the evening.

Dinner last night was venison lentil stew-no potatoes, lots of carrots and mushrooms and lentils. My son took one look at it and said "this is your diet food isn't it!?"