Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Having a moment...

I'm having a moment tonight.
words are replaying in my head I heard earlier - "this journey is about the long haul for you".
...the long haul.
I've been so fixed on whats right in front of me, trying and doing new things
that when I stop to take a look at the long view
it feels so overwhelming
the thought of having to manage TOS the rest of my life.
makes me feel the words of a poem.
I sit here thinking-I really don't want to do this, don't want to live life always fighting back the inevitable.
But whats my choice?
Go back to how things were before I decided to become a project for you all and hack at the things weighing me down, change things up, and try to be better?
Go back to being miserable and frozen and unplugged from life, angry all the time?

With all my efforts, I'm still just on the edge of this thing-
I had hoped to 'get past it.'
Now, it seems just turning down the volume of the pain is the most I can hope for.
I want to be free of TOS, but these are the cards I've been dealt.
Having to give up on things I wanted to do with my life-knowing they will never happen-
damn.
I'm sick of myself, sick of how I have to cope.
I don't think I can do a long haul
I've always just done short hauls
and then gotten tired and afraid and sat by the side of the road
and gotten fat and weaker
I'm so afraid of whats ahead.
I hate this.
The easier way is calling my name,
take the pills, stop fighting so hard
relax
eat, drink, stop thinking so much
check out, numb it, let the TOS take over instead of trying to push it back
just forget the fight.
If its gonna be a long haul-if I'm never going to get past it and pain is always going to chase me-
whats the point...get stronger-for what?

~ ~ ~

I see my fellow TOSers nodding their heads.
I know you get it.
I wrote this a year ago.
So much has changed since then for me.
All because I chose to live better, to start paying attention to what I needed in order to live as well as possible with this thing.
It continues to be a lot to juggle just to be functional, but it's worth it to live and not be sidelined by the pain!
I hope you will be encouraged that it is possible to live well...even with TOS.

Gentle hugs~